2019 Registration for Greatest Generation & Beyond Tribute
- Greatest Generation & Beyond Breakfast
- Taps Across America
Peter Thomas History Fund
- Coordinates Collier County History Day
- Coordinates Winning Student to Florida History Day Competition
- Teacher Training on FL’s Role in WWII
Operation Christmas Spirit
- Christmas Tree and Gift for Local Veterans in Need
- Victory Florida – Thank You Across Florida
- Naples Christmas Parade Filmed Live
Naples Spirit of 45
The effort to connect the latest generation to the greatest generation to fight cultural amnesia began in August 2010 when the 111th Congress passed a Concurrent Resolution making the 2nd Sunday in August the Official Day to remember the ending of WWII and the legacy of a generation that:
- Endured the Great depression
- Defeated the greatest enemy the world had known
- Rebuilt not only their county but those of their enemies
We added our signature Spirit of ‘45 Breakfast to make it a weekend of events tribute We started with 70 participants and today we host over 325+ veterans, family members and collaborators.
On the 2nd Sunday in August, TAPS ACROSS AMERICA remembers honors those who gave their all with a concert, wreath at sea ceremony, fly- over and M & M Cafe Ice Cream Social.
After six year, the committee said it was time to form our own 501c3 while keeping true to our core value of collaboration. So in 2015 the application was filed and in April 2016, SWFL Veterans Alliance Inc. became official.
Our original collaborative partners are still with us. Our Board of Directors, Advisory Board, collaborators, sponsors and vendors are dedicated individuals and organizations who share in the collaborative spirit philosophy as essential to serving our local veterans.
Solicitation of Contributions Act
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BEOBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352)
WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, ORRECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
IRS Section 501 (c) (3)
FL Tax Exempt Code
Thank you for your interest and support.
Sign Up for our newsletters – Click Below: